COVID-19 information and support for international students

Find out what information and support is available to international students studying in South Australia during COVID-19.

For study assistance, please click here.

Financial support

International Student Support Package (ISSP)

A second round of International Student Support Package (ISSP) grants has been announced for international students in South Australia who are still experiencing financial hardship.

This financial support will be accessed differently depending on the provider you study with.

For students studying or packaged to a public university, contact your institution for support.

For international students (excluding school students) studying with other providers and experiencing financial hardship, you can now apply for a second cash grant.

The total value of funds you can receive across two grants is $1,000.

If your first successful application is after the 10 November 2020 you will receive both $500 emergency cash grants in the one payment (ie total of $1000). If you have previously received the ISSP $500 grant, you may be eligible for a second grant of $500.

For more information, eligibility criteria and to apply, visit the StudyAdelaide website.

Immediate food support

Anglicare SA can assist with food, core basics and possible financial assistance. 

To receive this support, you will need to present at 9:00 am Monday - Friday at Anglicare SA, 82 Gilbert Street, Adelaide with your student ID or visa to confirm student status.

Baptist Care SA's Community Food Hub

An opportunity to shop for food and essential items at a reduced cost. They have just announced they are now open on Fridays. 


The Community Food Hub is located at 216 Wright St, Adelaide. To be eligible to shop at the Community Food Hub just simply show your student ID.  


New Opening Times:

Monday - Thursday: 10am to 3pm

Friday: 11am to 2pm

To learn more, please click here.

Food Hub Voucher Program

If you are experiencing financial hardship you can register for a free $25 food voucher (and four user-pays vouchers) to spend at a Foodbank or other food hubs.

Food Hubs are like mini-supermarkets and offer a wide range of food and groceries. Fruit, vegetables and bread are free; other grocery and personal care items are available at very reduced prices.


Registration is required, please click here.

For more information on food support, please download our fact sheet.

Accommodation assistance


The South Australian Government has endorsed several initiatives aimed at helping landlords and tenants whose incomes have been affected due to the current pandemic. For more information, visit Consumer and Business Services.

For information regarding accommodation options and to seek immediate assistance with crisis accommodation please click here.


StudyAustralia have developed resources outlining workplace rights for international students.


They have been translated into a range of languages, including Hindi, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Indonesian, Vietnamese, Thai, Spanish, and Portuguese.

To view them, click here.

Other information:

Employment Opportunities

Workplace rights

Check with your training provider to see what information and services they have available to you regarding employment.

Translating services

If you require assistance with translation services, please call Translating and Interpreting Service on 13 14 50 or Interpreting and Translating Centre (ITC) on 1800 280 203.

Health and wellbeing

If you require assistance in relation to your mental health or wellbeing the organisations below provide support services:

COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line: 1800 632 753

The National Coronavirus Information Helpline: 1800 020 080 

Health Advice and Information

Australian Government Department for Health

SA Health


Call 13 11 14 or visit Lifeline.

Beyond Blue

Call 1300 224 636 or visit Beyond Blue.


Call 1300 789 978 or visit Mensline.

Q Life for LGBTI

Call 1800 184 527 or visit Q Life for LGBTI.

Relationships Australia

Call 1300 364 277 or visit Relationships Australia.

Kids Helpline

Call 1800 551 800 or visit Kids Helpline.

Open Your World

Email: or visit Open Your World.

How we can help you with your studies

If you require advice about the impact of COVID-19 on your planned study, please contact your provider’s student support services. 

By contacting your training provider directly, you may be able to access additional support options available to assist you during this difficult period.

If you require additional assistance for study related issues, we may be able to assist.